Monday, September 10, 2012

Crazy little thing called love

Love is fucked up.

 Excuse my language.

I love more than one person. And they all know about it, so I'm not a liar or a cheat. In other words, I'm polyamorous. The thing is, it's really hard to balance everything. I've been asking the people I love and my friends to not get everything they want, so that we all can get a little of what we want, and keep a sustainable relationship. Is this how it works for most people? Increasingly, I find myself sounding like Chejop Kejak from Exalted (who's character quote is "it is necessary"). Everyone has to make sacrifices for relationships to survive. See, there I go again.

I've also recently  taken on more social power on my social group. So I've had to manage all the personality conflicts.

It's funny, because I realize now that I have everything I have ever wanted, and the hardest part is to keep it. And I find my self doing things that I never expected to.

To quote, or perhaps paraphrase Benjamin Sisko, "..and the most damning thing of all is: I can live with it. And I can live with it." I just hope I've made the right decisions.

Oh well, the things we do for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment